Intime UK Immigration Solicitors chester manchester
Close this search box.
News & Articles Chester Manchester UK

News & Articles

Marrying a UK Citizen?- Manage Your Migration with Ease with UK Marriage Visa Consultants

News & Articles

Marrying a UK Citizen?- Manage Your Migration with Ease with UK Marriage Visa Consultants

News & Articles Chester Manchester UK
Marrying a UK Citizen

Are you getting married? Is your partner a different national? No matter where they are from, the wedding must be the most beautiful and precious moment of your life. And, after the marriage, you may plan to settle with your spouse to start the new journey together. When you are marrying a UK citizen, you must be excited to live with your partner in the UK for a certain time period. But, when you are getting ready for the beginning of your new life, you have to complete the visa process to be able to immigrate to the UK as soon as possible.

In today’s blog, we are going to explain a few things that you have to pay attention to while applying for a UK marriage visa or spouse visa. So, let’s skip to the main part and learn a few important things about the UK marriage visa.

What is a UK Marriage Visa?

A UK marriage visa, also called a UK spouse visa, is a short-term visa that one can apply for when they are getting married to a British national. This visa allows a non-EU citizen to immigrate to the UK in order to get married or register a civil partnership. The couple can also give a notice of marriage/civil partnership and the non-EU national can stay in the UK for up to six months.

What Are the Criteria for a UK Marriage Visa?

Well, just like other UK visas, you have to meet some criteria of a marriage visa to be eligible to immigrate to the UK to live with your partner. Here are the requirements-

  • Your partner should be a British citizen
  • You must have a genuine relationship
  • You should be legally married
  • You should have met each other in person
  • You must not be in relationships with other people (Applicable for both)
  • You both must be adults over the age of 18
  • Your partner should have indefinite leave to remain
  • You have the intention to live together after the migration
  • You must be proficient in English for proper communication
  • You must be supported by your partner after arriving in the UK by his/her salary or savings
  • You must be sponsored by him, also any dependents that you have
  • You and your partner must not depend on public funds

Now, let’s have a look at the documents that you have to prepare for the visa process to get approval.

  • Application Form
  • Valid passport
  • Passport-sized photos (Two)
  • Proof of English language proficiency
  • Proofs of funds
  • Proof of genuine relationship

Also, you will be also asked for-

  • Full name
  • Date of birth
  • Records of previous applications, if any
  • Police records
  • National Insurance Number
  • Details of caregivers and parents
  • Proof of accommodation
  • Biometrics
  • Proof of payment of fees

If you are planning to apply for a UK marriage visa to marry a UK citizen and register the civil partnership legally, solicitors from Intime Immigration Limited(Intime Solicitors) can help. We are an accredited immigration law firm specializing in UK visa and settlement applications. We offer honest assistance in personal immigration, business immigration, immigration appeal and document certification to make the visa process simple for our clients.

Call us today at 0124 422 0063 or 0780 912 2133 to schedule a free consultation and have a further discussion. Want to learn more about our services? Visit our website and go through all the details.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Contact an expert now!

No legal aid, private clients only