UK Visitor Visa is for those who are from outside the European Economic Area or Switzerland, and are willing to visit the UK for up to six months. However, one must keep in mind that the necessity of a UK Visitor Visa depends on whether the person is regarded as a visa national or not.
This permission to enter the UK can be in either the form of a UK Visitor Visa or Leave to Enter the UK. As a visitor, you need to apply for a UK Visitor Visa before you decide to travel to the UK. You can get the Leave to Enter at the UK port of entry.
What can you do with a UK visitor visa?
The UK visitor visa allows you to do many things including
- Visit the UK for a holiday
- Visit family or friends.
- Take part in sports or creative events.
- Visit Uk for any business reason
- Get private medical treatment.
- Study for up to 30 days(Although this should not be the main reason for your visit)
- Take part in an exchange programme or educational visit(only for those who are below 18)
- Convert your civil partnership into a marriage.
How Long Can You Stay on the UK Visitor Visa?
A UK visitor visa allows an individual to stay up to six months. However, you still have the option to apply to extend the UK Visitor Visa, as long as the overall time you spend in the UK does not exceed 6 months.
For regular visitors, there is an option to apply for long-term visit visas that are valid for 2, 5 or 10 years. You must remember that you will be only allowed to stay a maximum of 6 months during any given year.
In the case of private medical treatment, you may be able to extend your stay for up to eleven months depending on the situation.
If you are a student and willing to go to the UK as an academic on sabbatical or for research, both your spouse, civil partner and children may be allowed to stay for up to 1 year.
What are the Requirements for the UK Visitor Visa Application?
You are allowed to apply for a UK visitor visa three months before you enter the UK.
- You should show the intention of leaving the UK at the end of your visit.
- You need to prove you have the capability to support yourself and any dependents during your stay.
- You have enough funding to pay for any costs relating to your visit, as well as the onward journey.
- Business travelers are subject to proof of the business or other activities they are going to do in the UK.
- In case you are visiting the UK as an organ donor, academic, or prospective entrepreneur or to take the PLAB or OSCE test or private medical treatment, there are some additional and specific documents you need to show.
Only experienced visa consultants can guide you to fulfill all these requirements to get your UK Visitor Visa approved on time.
Intime Immigration Limited(Intime Solicitors) is one of the leading UK visa support companies. Whether it is about personal business immigration, we always assist our clients with all their needs. You can expect a one-stop solution for all your visa requirements from our team of experienced immigration lawyers, attorneys and consultants.