Intime UK Immigration Solicitors chester manchester
Close this search box.

Exceptional Quality Service for UK Child Visa

Expert UK Immigration Solicitors

Call us for a consultation

Welcome to Intime Immigration Solicitors

Intime Immigration Solicitors are professional experts in dealing with different types of UK Visa and Settlement Applications.

If your child is a foreign national, it may be in your child’s best interests to register them as a British citizen providing that they meet one of the requirements under the British Nationality Act 1981 or where there are exceptional circumstances where you believe the Secretary of State can exercise their discretion.

Just like an adult being naturalized as a British citizen, where they are eligible, a child may be “registered” to become British and if accepted, they will be granted all rights which an existing British citizen has and will be eligible to apply for a British passport.

A UK Child visa is issued to a child of a parent who is legally present in the UK.  The parents need to prove that they have the responsibility to look after the child. Children are classified as a person who is under the age of 18 years before the date of application. Children will be granted the same length of visa as their parents in the UK. This is also known as a dependent visa for the child. 

Our certified child registration solicitors or lawyers can help you with Cchild visa or British citizenship requirements. Call us for a no-obligation assessment.

UK Child Visa Chester Manchester

The visa requirements for dependent children can be complex and it may vary from one applicant to the other. There are a certain number of general requirements that need to be fulfilled to get the final approval of the UK child visa to ensure the way of the child’s British nationality. These include:

  • The child must be under 18
  • You are supposed to be married or living in a civil partnership
  • The child must be dependent on their parent/parents in the UK
  • You should have financial support
  • You must have proof that adequate arrangements are made for the child in the UK 
  • One of the parents of the child should be applying for a UK visa. The parent can apply as a partner joining the other parent or as a parent with sole responsibility.
  • In a few cases, a child visa can be applied for children over 18, especially when they have any mental or physical disabilities. In other cases, the parents who have EEA/EU nationality, the age limit for child visa registration is 21 years and the applications can be made under Appendix EU.

If you are a parent who holds British citizenship or indefinite leave to remain, you  should show proof that you will be able to support and accommodate the child without depending on public funds. 

In case you are a parent who is unmarried, or you have applied under Indefinite Leave to Remain or you are a fiance or spouse of a British national, then you should prove that you have an income of more than £18,600 per year, plus £3,800 for the first child.

In addition to your annual salary, you can also use other sources of income to prove the financial requirements for a child dependent visa. These income sources may include cash savings, property rentals, money earned from a pension, etc. Required Evidence

You will need the following documents-

  • Your passport
  • 2 recent passport size photographs taken at the visa application centre
  • Accommodation in the UK
  • Evidence of you along with your child’s age
  • Evidence of Sole Responsibility or Sole Custody
  • 6 months payslips.
  • Documents to prove your financial requirements
  • You can submit bank statements of the parent who is residing in the UK
  • A letter from your employer, including your current salary
  • DNA test documents may be required in some cases

A youngster will be granted a child visa in accordance with Appendix FM of the immigration rules. In simple words, the applicant will be issued a temporary one-month visa before being able to get their biometric residence permit from a relevant post office, which will be valid for 2.5 years.

In-country applications take 8 weeks to 6 months, while applications from outside the UK can take 8 to 12 weeks unless you purchase priority service. An applicant can apply for settlement in the UK after 5 years of residency in the UK. 

Children who reach the age of 18 after coming to the UK must demonstrate that they live with their parent(s) and are still financially dependent on them.

A dependent child visa application fee from outside the UK is £1,538 plus the Immigration Health Surcharge of £1410 if applying under Appendix FM or another dependent category. You will be charged a Government fee of £1,048 plus an Immigration Health Surcharge of £1175. If applying for Indefinite Leave to Enter from outside the UK, the only fee is £1538 and there is no Immigration Health Surcharge.

Our Unique Winning Process


Fixing an Appointment

We first understand all your current situation and child-visa registration-related requirements before we start working for you.


Pairing up

Understanding your child’s registration requirements, we will pair you up with the best immigration lawyer.


Fulfilling Requirements

We will help you fulfil those certain requirements to apply for registration of a child under 18 as a British citizen.


Seamless Visa Journey

Whether it is about applying for British nationality or British citizenship for EU children born in the UK, we will make the journey smooth.


Fight for you

If you seek legal representation for British citizenship, we have a team of the best immigration solicitors and lawyers to help.

UK Child Visas Explained by UK's #1 immigration
Law Firm

There are many documents which must be provided to the Home Office when making the application and our expert immigration lawyers can advise you on the exact documents which are required to increase the chances of a successful application.

Along with completing the whole application process on your behalf, our immigration/ British Nationality specialists will represent your child’s case in their best interests and draft legal representation which will accompany their application to the Home Office.

It could be possible that your initial application for a UK child visa will be denied. This might happen for a variety of reasons, including providing false paperwork, failing to disclose previous visa or immigration concerns, or expecting that the Home Office would be lenient or would locate information itself.

You should avoid making such errors so that the Home Office does not have the opportunity to deny your child visa application. Get in contact with us today for legal guidance on your UK child visa application.

How to check whether your child is already a British citizen?

  • If your child was born in the UK or has a British parent, they may be born with British citizenship.
  • On GOV.UK, you can check how the Home Office determines whether someone is automatically a British citizen.
  • You do not need to apply for citizenship for your child if they are already a British citizen. On GOV.UK, you may simply apply for your child’s first passport.

Consult our experienced and certified UK child registration solicitors/lawyers if you are unsure whether your child is a British citizen.

Further Information

If you have permission to remain permanently in the UK when your kid is born, they will be granted British citizenship automatically. However, you must show the proof that you have:

  • Citizenship in the United Kingdom or Ireland
  • Settled status as a result of the EU Settlement Scheme
  • Indefinite leave to remain
  • If your child was born before July 1, 2021, you are eligible for permanent residency.
  • If you get settled status after the birth of your child, they will remain a British citizen(There are some conditions though).

If you have permanent residence, but there is no document to prove it, you can talk to our child visa lawyers or solicitors.

If you, your child, and the child’s other parent have all resided in the UK for the last 5 years, you can apply to register your child as British. You must have all resided lawfully in the UK for the last 5 years, and your child must have been settled for 1 year.

If you, your child, and the child’s other parent are all lawfully present in the UK and your child has lived here for the last ten years, you can apply to register your child as British.

It makes no difference where the other parent lives or what their immigration status is if your child does not have frequent contact with them.

Our Testimonials

Contact Us Now

Intime Immigration Ltd is Registered in England and Wales (Company No: 12604998). It is a firm Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

Contact an expert now!

No legal aid, private clients only