Intime UK Immigration Solicitors chester manchester
Close this search box.
News & Articles Chester Manchester UK

News & Articles

UK Marriage Visa or Fiance Visa- Which One Will You Need While Marrying a UK Citizen?

News & Articles

UK Marriage Visa or Fiance Visa- Which One Will You Need While Marrying a UK Citizen?

News & Articles Chester Manchester UK
Married to UK Citizen Visa

The United Kingdom has charismatic castles, historic palaces, various churches, the English countryside, splendid mansions, and imposing landscapes- all making it perfect for many foreigners to come and reside here. In case you are planning to marry a British citizen, you need to sort out your visa first. It can be either a marriage visa or a fiance visa.

There are certain immigration rules and regulations set by the UK Government. The best thing you can do is to consult an immigration lawyer who can help you get the necessary visa depending on the purpose of your arrival to the country. 

UK Marriage Visa in a Nutshell

A UK marriage visa is given for a period of 6 months and permits the husband or a wife-to-be or both to enter the country and marry here. In case both spouses are not from a European country, then they both need to leave the UK since they will not be allowed to live, work or study here on this marriage visa. If one of the spouses is a British citizen or settled in the UK, then the other spouse needs to go to his/her country of residence and apply for a spouse visa from there.

UK Fiancé/ Fiancée visa- an Overview

A UK Marriage Visa / Fiance visa is also allowed one to stay in the UK for 6 months but it has a few differences from the marriage visa. The first thing is, for a spouse visa, one of the partners must be British or settled in the UK. And, after the marriage, the non-EEA partner does not need to run out of the country. They have the option to apply for a spouse visa on the British isles soon after they get the marriage certificate or before the fiance visa expires. However, you must keep in mind that a fiance visa also restricts you to work or study in England.

What Documents are Required for a Marriage Visa and a Fiancée Visa?

Getting a spouse visa is not that difficult to get but a marriage or fiance visa is comparably harder. If there are any mistakes or omissions in the application form, then your visa application is most likely to be rejected. 

Check out the Documents You Need for a Marriage Visa

  • Your valid passport with one blank page for the visa
  • Upcoming wedding and further arrangement information for staying in the UK
  • Show proof of your ceremony will take place in the UK(you can show the documents of venue booking, etc)
  • You need proof that your fiance’s previous partnership or marriage has dissolved. 
  • Show proof that the couple has enough money to support themselves during their stay in the UK.

Documents you Need for a Fiance Visa

  • Your name and date of birth
  • Declare the date of birth and nationality of your parents if you are applying outside the UK.
  • Show proof of the relationship you have with your partner. You need to give information including the time of the relationship, how you two have met and how often you see each other.
  • Photocopy of old visas and passports
  • Show details of anyone if one of you has previously married
  • Details of criminal convictions
  • Details of countries outside the UK, you have previously lived in or visited
  • Divorce certificate(if any)

Where to Find Help?

Intime Immigration Limited(Intime Solicitors) is a leading visa support company that helps clients who want to marry UK citizens and want visa support. We have a team of highly experienced and competent immigration lawyers and solicitors. Our experts will first understand your requirements and then, help you fulfill all the criteria to get your visa approved on time. 

You can check out the most common UK immigration visa queries here and schedule a consultation to discuss your visa requirements.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Contact an expert now!

No legal aid, private clients only