A recent survey shows that a huge number of people are settling as proficient workers in the UK every year. In fact, millions of people have been granted visas so far. While planning the same, you should know that visa applications for a Skilled Worker visa here are a little bit complex and follow strict guidelines to ensure validity.
We are here to provide brief but detailed knowledge about the UK Skilled Worker visa application. Let’s get started.
What Is a UK Skilled Worker Visa?
A Skilled Worker visa in the UK is a permit for living and working in this country for up to 5 years. And after staying here for over five years, you can apply for an Indefinite Leave to Remain if an extension is required. However, your Certificate of Sponsorship decides the length of time you live here.
But speaking of the validity of a Skilled Worker visa, it’s acceptable until your job role changes with the sponsoring employer. It means you need to make an application for a new worker visa while switching jobs.
How to Make a Valid Skilled Worker Visa Application
As mentioned earlier, worker visa applications follow strict rules for eligibility criteria. Not following the guidelines may cause an invalid application or rejection of your visa.
For the eligibility criteria for the Skilled Worker visa in the UK, the primary requirement is the evidence of your job. It means that under this visa application, you must show that you have a confirmed job. The proof must include:
- The Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) issued by your employer or sponsor
- Job offer from the eligible occupation lists
- Certifications of English language proficiency
- Your salary, like a standard one according to your current work type, or £25,600 per annum or £10.10 per hour, as per your occupation.
On the other hand, you must provide the following documentation and details for the Worker visa application. For example:
- Application 3 months ahead of the employment starting date
- Give your biometric details for the visa processing
- Pay the Skilled Worker visa application costs
- Valid passport and travel documents
- Previous documents of travel and passport as proof of your travel history
- Proof of personal savings
- A criminal background check certificate from the country you have resided for at least a year within the past ten years
The Home Office thoroughly evaluates all these details and decides if the applicant meets all the eligibility criteria. Just a valid passport and sponsorship certificate won’t guarantee the issuance of a Skilled Worker visa. Their refusal can be also based on other grounds, like past immigration violations or a criminal history.
Consequences of Worker Visa Invalidation
Before visa expiry, you need to apply for a Skilled Worker visa. But if you receive an invalidation notice after your visa expiry, you are an overstayer in this country. It means you have no right anymore to work or live here. Also, you are no longer eligible for the worker visa application inside the UK.
Since UK worker visas follow such strict guidelines for applications, including eligibility and validity, you should have the best worker visa solicitors to guide you throughout the process. At Intime Immigration Limited(Intime Solicitors), we have top-skilled visa attorneys for consultations. Our expert lawyers can help you with visa approval on time.