Tell us, being a couple what is the worst thing you feel? Isn’t it staying away from your partner? We guess, YES. So, when your partner is a British National settling in the UK, you may probably wish to join him or her there. And, in this case, you better speak to a professional UK spouse visa solicitor for the spouse visa application. They won’t just help you with meeting specific requirements, but guide you throughout the process. Here’s how they do so.
Here’s How a Spouse Visa Lawyer Will Guide You With Visa Application Process
A UK Spouse Visa, also known as a UK marriage visa, comes with different requirements, from relationship to finances to accommodation. No wonder the overall procedure can be complex. That’s why we recommend speaking to an immigration lawyer for a spouse visa. Here’s how the experts can help:
Helping with understanding and meeting eligibility requirements-
As mentioned, UK spouse visa requirements have complications and are even challenging to understand if you are well familiar with the latest spouse visa requirements in 2023. For example:
- Genuine relationship requirement- You have to prove that you and your partner are in an eligible relationship, like a civil partnership, living together for at least 2 years, or getting married within six months of arriving in the UK.
- Financial requirements– To apply for a UK spouse visa, you and your partner settled in the UK need to show a minimum gross income, whether it is from self-employment or employment, pension, maternity allowances or other savings or income. However, there are exemptions to meet the financial requirements for disabled persons.
- Accommodation requirement– You need to prove that you have suitable accommodation in the UK, whether owned by you or your family members, having sufficient space for living or meeting public health needs.
- English language requirement– While applying for a UK spouse visa, you need to have sufficient knowledge of the English language. And, to prove that, you need to pass an English language test or show any academic qualifications in English.
Spouse visa lawyers will help you assess all these eligibility requirements while understanding and meeting them, as well.
Guide on application process-
The spouse visa application in the UK is daunting. The spouse visa solicitors not only guide you with the process but also help you gather all the necessary documents required for the application process, such as during the checklist:
- A complete application with a fee
- A valid passport
- Previous passports
- Evidence of your genuine relationship, like pictures, messages, shared bills and much more
- Proof of meeting English language requirements, such as a CFER certificate
- Financial requirement proofs, like bank and savings statements
- Details of past immigration application
- Biometric details and more
Professional solicitors can also assist you with drafting your application by supporting all these documents and ensuring everything adheres to UK immigration rules. Also, they check you are following the application steps properly, for instance:
- Checking your eligibility
- Complete your online spouse visa application form
- Preparing your documents
- Paying application fee
- Upload documents required
- Arrange a biometric appointment
- Attend an interview if invited
Represent you at a spouse visa interview-
Once you have submitted your UK spouse visa, the Home Office assesses all the documents and calls for a visa interview in some cases. Here, your immigration solicitor can accompany you and represent your case. It’s especially helpful for those who don’t feel comfortable answering the questions asked by the interviewer or speaking English.
Appeal a visa decision-
Yes, we know how disappointing it is, but sometimes, the Home Office rejects a spouse visa application. In this case, you have a chance to appeal the decision within 28 days of receiving the visa refusal letter. This process can be complex and take a lot of time, and visa solicitors can provide you with all kinds of assistance from start to finish to appeal a visa decision.
So, while thinking of a UK immigration spouse visa application this year, it’s a good idea to consult a spouse visa lawyer. And, if you are seeking a reliable one, count on us. At Intime Immigration Limited(Intime Solicitors), we are experts in application settlement and UK visa procedures. Our best spouse visa solicitors will guide you throughout the process, from start to finish. Also, we can help you file an appeal if you get a visa refusal. So, why wait? Schedule a call or book an online assessment today!